Vacuum cleaners have been in use since the end of the 19th century. They have retained their popularity domestically and in industries where cleaning is concerned. They have different shapes, types, and sizes, but they all perform the same function. They are instrumental in modern-day use for cleaning and waste management. Vacuums cause a suction that usually removes dirt from floors, draperies, and other surfaces. The different vacuum cleaners that we have available work in many ways serving a particular function when cleaning floors, rugs, surfaces, and carpets. Here are some of the basic types that are available in the market.
- Handheld Vacuum Cleaners: These are usually held by your hands and very useful in sucking out dirt from tight spaces, which are very hard to reach. They help clean small rooms, engine parts, and cars.
- Stick Vacuum Cleaners: When you want to reach those narrow surfaces in your house, this is one that you can consider as it comes in a stick-like handle. It makes it very easy to operate and manipulate. These vacuum cleaners can clean rugs, hard floors, and slim carpets.
- Upright Vacuum Cleaners: This is one of the most popular and widely used residential vacuum. It can clean the house, carpets, and floors that are bare. As the name suggests, it is upright.
- Canister Vacuum Cleaners: This is a commercial vacuum used to clean large businesses, and they come in various sizes. They are suitable for cleaning carpets and floor surfaces.
- Robot Vacuum Cleaners: They are automated devices requiring limited hands control. To clean, you usually switch it on and place it on the area that needs cleaning. It then roams freely, covering the surface.
When choosing the vacuum cleaner that you need to use, it is good to consider the volume of dirt that you will be dealing with potentially, and the length of your surfaces. Handheld and upright cleaners have been in use for a long time in homes as dirt accumulation is not in large volumes. You can also choose an automated vacuum cleaner as it gives you a stress-free cleaning routine because you do not have to be there or keep monitoring it. However, it is an expensive option.
There are different ways in which you can categorize vacuum cleaners. Categorize it based on bagging, which looks at the bag that holds the dirt, or you can classify it based on the area that needs cleaning.
There are very many options available, which makes the task of choosing the best a little complicated. There are various factors that you can consider which will make it easy for you to choose the best vacuum cleaner suitable for your needs. These are:
- Your floor type: Not many vacuum cleaners can work well on all floor types. You should select one that works well for your floor. You can look at various reviews to help you settle for the best. It is also good to know the one that works well for your stairs.
- Attachments: There are other places that you need cleaning apart from the floor. Such include the shelves, cupboards, curtains or drapes, upholstery, and many others. It is good to get a vacuum cleaner with many tools such as a crevice tool, hose attachment, dusting brush, extension wand, and an upholstery tool.
- Allergies: It is good to select a vacuum cleaner that caters to people who suffer from allergies or asthma. Also, you need to have a special vacuum if you have a pet for effective cleaning. It is useful in getting rid of pet hair that your dog or cat leaves on furniture, floors, or carpets. Also, you need to check if the vacuum has an air filter preventing the dirt from coming back to the air circulation. In addition to using an air filter, you can consider a bagged vacuum cleaner as it minimizes exposure to the dust. However, there is a need to replace the bags regularly.
- Storage and portability: It is good to check the weight of the vacuum cleaner for carrying it easily around the house. Storage is also essential, and some come with a wall mount.
- Price: This is an essential factor. It is good to bear in mind that the most expensive one may not mean the best service. You should look at all the other factors listed here. You need to get just the right vacuum cleaner at the best price.
It is good to ensure that you are engaging well with the market to find the best vacuum for your needs. You may also consider the noise produced by the vacuum cleaner if you have a newborn in the house. It is a significant investment when you get a good vacuum cleaner that can serve you for years.