Your furnace is probably one of the most important parts of your house, keeping your house or office warm and cozy on those cold winter days. Though we would love it if everything always went to plan and things did not break, items always seem to act up just when we need them the most. As this piece of technology is such a vital part of any household or commercial space, it is vital to have a team that you can call on to replace your furnace if it breaks down.
You may be wondering how you can tell when your furnace is close to needing to be replaced. We checked with the experts at Air Comfort Pro in Taylor, Michigan for furnace installation and trouble alert tips that homeowners can use. The following is a look at just a few of the signs you should look out for to avoid an unexpected breakdown. If any of these sounds like something that has been happening with your furnace at home, you may need to think about getting a replacement installed.
- If you have noticed that your furnace is making a sound that you have never heard it make before, your boiler motor may be beginning to suffer from general wear and tear.
- If the room where your furnace is held begins to smell a bit damp, this could be an indicator that moisture has begun to build up and has been trapped inside the device.
- Another common sign that your furnace may be close to breaking down is when it begins to blow out air inconsistently. You may also find this air is colder than it should be when blown from the furnace.
- High utility bills may be a sign that your furnace is not working properly.
- For those homegrown handymen and women who decided to try and get the job done themselves and fix a part of the furnace with no luck, a furnace expert will be able to provide you with the assistance you need!
- When it starts blowing cool air or no air at all
- When you start noticing that there is now dry air being blown in the house or there starts to be a presence of dust particles around the furnace or house.
Tips on Furnace installation
- Know your HVAC system type. A furnace can either be electric, natural gas or use a heat pump or boiler system
- Get a proper reputable company to install the furnace. Look for experts in your area with great reviews and references.
- Never get a second hand used unit, as they create more issues and expense in the end
- Get the right size furnace for your house
- All furnaces need to come with a warranty , if the one you planning on buying doesn’t come with one, rather reconsider your decision
- Maintenance is very important. With regular maintenance your furnace could last up to 15 years
When should you repair or replace?
- If the furnace is less than 12 years old and has been properly maintained then repairing it could be the answer
- Call the experts at Furnace Installations take a look at it , maybe it could be just a minor issue that can be easily repaired
- But if you keep repairing the same issue all the time, maybe it’ll be worth buying a brand new one
- Waiting for these problems to get worse could be a recipe for disaster and a hefty bill. Sometimes repairing it can cost as much as installing a new one. So if the cost to repair is close to the cost of replacing it , rather consider replacing it.
- Replacing your furnace as soon as it begins to act up can end up you saving a ton of time and hassle further down the road. Do not be a sitting duck and wait for disaster to strike and for you to be left in the cold. Instead, call our team to come in and replace your old furnace with a new one!
Who To Call When A Furnace Is Acting Up?
Furnace installation does not have to be a job that is expensive or time-consuming! HVAC experts are able to handle all issues related to furnace replacement quickly and efficiently, ensuring that you are back up and running in no time at all!
Remember to research HVAC companies near you, and look for experts that have been in business for years with experience and knowledge to do the job right.